Monday, February 29, 2016

Week #35

Hello Everyone!
This week was a good one. We saw a lot of miracles this last week.We were able to visit with one of our less actives who hasn't been to church in a really long time. We had a really good lesson with her about the Book of Mormon. She was super excited to spend more time reading in the Book of Mormon. She came to church on Sunday as well!! That was super cool! We have taught a lot of less actives here this last week, there is so much of that to do. We have this one guy who we are helping learn how to read who has been a member for some time now --he just can't read. I am also learning a lot of Sranan Tango from him so that's been super fun! Our investigator, Kolif, came to church which was so awesome! He was only gong to stay for Sacrament Meeting but the members wouldn't let him leave! It was so great to see! We are hoping to meet with him more often so we can make his baptismal date on March 27th! Transfer calls are coming up and I have mixed feelings about it because I could see me getting transferred. I have been in this area for a really long time but I wouldn't mind staying. I think I am either leaving or getting a new companion --who knows. I know one of the elders is coming back from Bonaire so maybe I could be going there.  It's all speculation because nobody knows. One of the biggest miracles this week is this last week I had fasted for a new progressing investigator and that same day we were teaching our new found less active, Greg, and his wife, (who is not yet a member) walks in and was so excited and interested! We are excited to start teaching her and their whole family!! I gave a baptismal interview this last week so that was fun! The sisters had a baptism this last week so that was fun to see. It's been super cool to see our branch grow. When I first got here we were getting an average of about 50 people and now we are up to 85-100 every week! The work is going fast here and it's been so fun to be a part of! Anyway, I hope ya'll have a great week. Yu habi wan sweeti lebi!
Lobi, Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment