Monday, March 7, 2016

Week #36

Hello Everyone!
This week was a fantastic one! We received transfer calls this week and I am staying in my area for a 6th transfer and getting my 4th companion in this area! I am also staying a District Leader! I am super excited to stay in this area, because there is obviously a reason why I am still here and I am determined to find that person that is waiting for the Gospel! This week I was able to work a little farther on obtaining my Visa for Suriname so that was super fun. The miracle for the week was with our investigator Kalof. He is so prepared and getting baptized on March 26th so I am super excited for that. He came to church this last week and I think loved it. That was by far the best part of the week. This week we got our hands on a Branch list and are currently going through and trying to find all the less active members. We have found like 25 people already with more to go. We are excited to continue that work. But everything is going really well and just happy as ever. 
My Ponderize scripture for the week is Alma 46:22 cross referenced with Alma 5:19. The thought for the week is over covenants. The people of the church have sworn to make a covenant unto death and that if they transgress they shall be trampled under feet just like their brethren. In this time of war among the Nephites and the Lamanites the people of the church have risen up and promised to be faithful. It makes me think of a quote that Elder Renlund shared when he came to out mission. He said, "You pledge your entire identity when you covenant." We as Latter-Day Saints must treat it as so. We have all made a covenant. Whether that be at baptism or those who have gone through the temple. It does not mater. They must be honored and cared for just like the people in the scriptures. I love all of you! Thank you so much for the emails and prayers on my behalf.
Lobi, Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment