Monday, December 14, 2015

Week #24

Dear World,
I have been sick still this whole week so it has been yet another long week of cold sweats.   I also got a rash on Tuesday, so that was super fun. I am just laughing through it all but also grateful because now I will always have a piece of Suriname in my blood....yayyyy. But, as of Friday I have been a lot better so we were able to go out and teach a little bit. Part of my week was spent in Trinidad where I picked up my work visa. I was there for two days and basically all I did was sleep in the mission office and mission home. But, I now have my work visa and am legal in Suriname!!  Whooo hooo!!  Also, we had transfer calls on Saturday and I got called to serve in the Munder/Geyersvlijt area with Elder Hardy, one of my MTC companions! Its going to be an adventure. I also got assigned to be a district leader....I was very surprised, to say the least, but I am excited for the challenge and the opportunity to grow. Needless to say I am very sad I will be leaving Elder Hood. That guy is the bomb, and changed my mission for sure, but luckily he is still my zone leader so we get to talk on the phone every other night when I call in the report how our district is doing. I am excited to get back into the work full time and not be sick. I have found that Surinamers are very funny and blunt,and I hear something funny every single week from them so, I am going to start doing quotes of the week. Quote of the week: SO... in sacrament meeting we don't have a piano so we sing every hymn with no music and Surinamers are not the best singers....ok not good at all but they sure do like to sing loud and enthusiastically. No glass is allowed in the church, if you know what I mean. Anyway, so we start singing this new song, because in Suriname there are like 5 songs that the congregation knows, and it just was so noticeably terrible that everyone just laughed through it, and some people tried to lead and sing louder than others.  It was so funny!! So our first councilor in our branch presidency stands up and says, in all seriousness, "God weet dat wij goed bedoelen". ("God knows that we mean well"). Man, it was the funniest thing I had heard all week! Anyway, I hope you all had a good week! Remember Christ in everything that you do this month! 
-Elder Lewis
 

No comments:

Post a Comment