Monday, October 5, 2015

Week #14

This week was pretty great though. Conference was great as always. We spend the whole weekend in Temmenga church, watching conference. One of our investigators showed up to conference with his family which was super awesome. He is committed to baptism but needs to get married first and then stop smoking as well but he's on fire and will be baptized in the following month. Onesimus is getting baptized on the 17th of this month so I am super excited about that. I got yelled at by his Dad for accidentally calling him again lol. Oopps sorry your son just wants to take upon him self the name of Christ and receive the Holy Ghost. I am sorry that you're so lazy and grumpy and have forgotten about the covenants you made when you were baptized. His dad is super inactive and just so so so lazy. I feel bad because he's trying to make these good choices in his life and has no support at home. But yeah. I am finally settled in to my new apartment I think and everything is rolling. Our area is huge and I have biked a total of 717 miles so far on my mission. It's an adventure. It's so weird I feel like I am turning into a "Surianmer" a little more every day. Also I am sad that most of you will never taste a Wholly Burger. Best Burger I have ever eaten, hands down....not better than In-N-Out but yeah you know what I mean. Conference takes on a whole new meaning when you're on a mission and it was just great, but one thing that really stuck out to me was "Ponderize" Where you pick a scripture every week and write it down where you can see it all week. I invite you all to do that with me as I have made a commitment to do it for the rest of my mission. It allows your thoughts to go to a higher place in times of temptations. I also encourage you to do member missionary work!!!! It's so important! But yeah that was more or less my week. It was a good one and I am looking forward to the upcoming week. We are hoping to put the rest of our investigators on baptismal dates so we can have one every Saturday starting on the 17th!! Super exciting!

--Elder Lewis



No comments:

Post a Comment