Monday, September 28, 2015

Week #13!!

This week has been pretty good, it was very long just with transfers and adjusting to a new companion but it's been good. Honestly I feel super bad because nothing crazy has happened other than moving into our new apartment and getting a new companions. His name is Elder Hood and he's super cool and motivated and we work super hard. It's been a roller coaster here. Suriname is super cool. Rainy season is about to start and I guess from what I have been hearing it just pours all day long. It's gonna be a good time. I just am loving the branch here. Brother Suradj and I are becoming really good friends. I sent a picture of his home. He's such a stud. He used to be hard core addicted to cocaine and was a raging alcoholic and now he is about to go to the temple in a couple weeks. And now he's just like Alma the Younger, crying repentance and forgiveness unto all those who he has wronged. It's just great. Uhm, I ate chicken feet and cayman these last two weeks. Cayman is super good but chicken feet....yeah not so much. I am finally starting to get adjusted I think. I am getting more and more comfortable in the language and people are starting to understand me and most of them help me out a lot because they understand English a little bit too. I am also picking up a little Sranan Tongo. But all is super good. I feel bad that I don't usually have time to write everyone that writes me but we just don't have a lot of time.

All is well though I think it's still crazy that I am here on a mission. I can't really believe it but it I am haha!! Conference will be fun and I am super excited about it. I guess it's just a big party at the Temmenga Branch (Stake Center) all weekend so I am excited. Love you guys!!
-Elder Lewis


Last photo with Elder Whetten
 New Companion: Elder Hood
 All of us at the Bruines Berg Trip

No comments:

Post a Comment