Monday, September 7, 2015

Week #10

Hello Everyone!

This week in Suriname has been a crazy one. We are working hard. So to start off I am slowly starting to understand people better so that is a bright side. My bike has decided to be super difficult. My tire popped like three different times this last week and I just got so sick of it and replaced the whole tire itself so that was fun. We hit 330 miles at the end of this week and its crazy how fast my first transfer has gone. My favorite kid here in Suriname in getting baptized on October 3rd so I am super excited for that. He is away at sports camp all week which has been sad because I dont get to see him untill sunday or monday next week. Also while I was on exchanges with our Zone Leader we ran into the house of this guy we taught in the MTC. His name is Jerry and he was our "pretend" investigator that broeder Norton played. I didnt meet him exactly but we taught his sister which was so cool. Other than that wer have been spending a lot of time teaching less actives and trying to build up the church here in Suriname. I've been able to form some realationships with some members here so thats been super nice and most of them speak english too so they have been helping me with my dutch. This one night here, Elders up in Parbo-North didnt call in at the end of the night so Elder Whetten and I had to go and make sure they were alive....after hours. It was kind of fun. Honestly Suriname is so chill, everybody is just so chill here and I love it for the most part haha. If anyone wants to send me american stuff though I would love that. Use the company Ferm Cargo or whatever, my mom will know what it is so get in touch with her if and she will tell you all about it. tinaleelewis@gmail.comAnyways I am still alive and I am losing weight like crazy lol we bike so much and its just sweating off of me. But no more sweating soon, rainy season is coming so I cant wait to be soaking wet altijd!!!!!!!!!! Anywasy sorry still no pictures, I have no camera but as soon as I get one I will send an over load of pictures. Have a good week everyone!

-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment