Thursday, July 16, 2015

Week #3

Week 3!
Hoi! I have survived yet another week in the MTC. I realize my group emails have lacked some effort on my part and I apologize to the people who actually read them lol. I'm trying out a new method this week.
1. Tie Draft
-We hold a Tie draft every P day which is basically our "get rid of your ugliest tie" It's so fun. There is this tie that has been going around our zone for like a month now that haunts everyone's dreams at night. It's called the Butt Stain tie and to put it in the lightest terms possible is looks like someone wiped with and guess who got that tie......me.  We then have to wear them on the following thursday so that was a fun experience.
2. Dutchies Left
-our beloved mentors left this past week to head off to Amsterdam and we were all very sad. They were such amazing missionaries. We dont have any neighbors anymore which is super sad. 
3. Spike Ball
-I don't know if any of you have played spike ball but it's literally one of the best games ever invented. My zone gets super into things like that so of course it became super intense. 
4. Boyd K. Packer
-We as missionaries were able to attend President Packers funeral and it was amazing. I think one of the coolest things was being able to listen to an apostle of God pray. We got to hear from a few apostles and there was a quote that I absolutely loved. "Let the pending items....pend" Dont be afraid to listen to the promptings of the spirit no matter how long it takes. The Holy Ghost is the ultimate teacher and will bring forth that which you are searching for. 
5. Dutch
-The language is quickly coming. I'm not fluent by any means but I am slowly getting better. We have started these activities called Engels Vasten which is an english fast. Absolutely no english in the morning class and then no english all day on tuesdays and fridays. We've done this once and its amazing how much we can speak already. I'm surprising myself at how well I can speak and I'm only going to get better. I'm so incredibly blessed that the Lord has helped me as much as he has throughout this process. 
6. Zone 37 Shenanigans
-I've made some incredible friends since I've arrived here. Especially with the danish missionaries. One of the highlights of the weeks was we went on a spirit journey to find out our spirit animals. This had nothing to do with the church but it was a crazy experience. It was like extreme meditation  and turns out my spirit animal is a Cardinal. Also my zone does push ups and planks every night and that is so fun. 
7.Spiritual Thought
-A scripture I would invite you all to read is Mosiah Chapter 15. It talks about Christ and his ability to satisfy both mery and justice perfectly. He pleads our cause to the Lord because he paid for all of our sins if we truly repent and come unto him. I know that if we put our cares on Christ he will make our burdens light.

This week has been amazing. But if we are being honest, if any of you could figure out a way to get in n out here I would love you forever. Anyways thank you in advance for all the good wishes and prayers. I couldn't do it will out you all have a good week!
-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment