Monday, July 25, 2016

Week #56

O fa Fawaka nanga yu?
This week was a really good one. GUESS WHAT I got my ingrown toenail removed. Boy I feel like Alma the Younger. Yea, say unto you, my son, that there could be nothing so exquisite and so bitter as were my pains. Yea,and again say unto you, my son, that on the other hand,there can be nothing so exquisite and sweet as was my joy. Seriously it was the same experience. But the only down side is it's wrapped up in the cast thing and I have a very big big toe right now. I had to cut one of my crocs open to be able to wear a shoe. The work must go on. It's pretty funny. I for sure felt like a real missionary walking around with a shoe with the soul almost falling off and a cut open croc. Anyways my left foot will probably get done here in the near future. But this week was really good. We are really searching for families to be baptized and sealed in the temple someday. That has been a huge goal of mine this last transfer. We were able to reactivate a man named Avien. He hadn't been to church in 3 years and he's been back for two weeks in a row and loves the church and is converted. We are currently looking for some baptismal dates because right now it's a little slow on the investigators but It's about to explode just now. As long as we stay diligent the Lord will provide. My companion in awesome. We barely speak English and it's a blast. It's been a good experience for me to really immerse myself in the language. Anyway Love you all!!-Elder Lewis

P.S.  His new shoes were in the mail before he posted this photo.  I promise I'm taking good care of him!!  His caption to this photo was, "Am I a REAL missionary yet?"

No comments:

Post a Comment