Monday, July 11, 2016

Week #54

Hello Everyone!
Well, transfer calls have arrived. I am staying in Koewarasan! WOOOHOOOO I am pretty pumped. My companion is actually a mini missionary here from Suriname so that will be super fun! No English for 6 weeks!!! Our investigators in our area are kinda falling off which is ok because we need some new ones. We have found family that turns out to be really good friends with a family in our branch. I am really excited for that. Elder Hood is going home this week and I am super sad. Such an awesome guy who literally changed my life. This last week in studying I have had a good time reading the New Testament. It's so fun to read about the life of Jesus Christ and all He taught in his earthly ministry. I really enjoyed this verse out of 2 Nephi chapter 18.
17 And will wait upon the Lord, that hideth his face from the house of Jacob, and will look for him.

I really enjoyed this verse because I think a lot of us in when we are in the furnace of trials tend to turn inward and focus only on the bad part but I have found that it is important to look to Him. And wait patiently on Him we will learn much more than just how to grit our teeth through trials. I'm grateful for our Savior and His grace and enabling power to push us through every trial we could ever go through. I love Him. And I love you all! Have a good week and read your scriptures!!
-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment