Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Week #55

Dearest Family and Friends,
I hope that everyone had a good week because we did! This week was awesome. We are just working as hard as we possibly can to try and re-spark this area and we've found a lot of success in talking to everyone and stressing the importance of families. It's something that I am just barely starting to understand and that is the importance of families in salvation. I know that as we have been praying to find families we've been finding them. We had a super awesome success this week with a less active member named Avien. He came to church for the first time in 3 years and loved it. It was such an awesome miracle. Also with our investigators and Mieto and Marchinie we had kind of a drop-in lesson with them and talked about keeping the commandments and committed them to talk together and make plans to be married and baptized. 
  One of the cool spiritual experiences I have been able to have this week is the power of promptings or inspiration we can receive daily from the Holy Ghost. I know that our obedience to promptings from the Holy Ghost are directly related to the amount we receive. I know something I have been trying to apply in my life is 100% obedience to inspiration received from the Holy Ghost and I have seen that as we do that, we find more elect people because we are looking to be inspired to stop or to open our mouths. 
  There is no better work that missionary work! A scripture I would love to share with you all is this one is Matthew 25:35-40
35 For was an hungredand ye gave me meat: was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: was strangerand ye took me in:
 36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
 37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
 38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
 39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
 40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.
How powerful of a phrase? Are we doing these exact things? I know that we have all, in one way or another, been hungry, poor, naked and thirsty. These can mean temporal but as well, maybe even especially, spiritual. I know that we have so many people around us who need to be strengthened. And in the fulfillment of your baptismal covenant to mourn with those who mourn and to comfort those who stand in need of comfort I invite you all to reach out and find someone who needs strengthening. Be it a less active member, member, or someone who is not yet a member. I promise is will bless your life exceedingly and you will come to know in a more personal way what the Savior has already done for you. 
-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment