Monday, June 6, 2016

Week #49

Hello Everyone!
Reporting to you live from a little town called Koewarasan. Boy, ya know after being in an area for 11 months and then you get transfer it's like starting your mission over. I for sure have been thrown into a totally different world but I am finally in what I thought Suriname was actually going to be like. Just straight rain forest on every side of you, wood houses and just a simple way of living. Needless to say I love it, such a cool place in the world and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. The members in the small branch here and the most consecrated members I have ever seen (and not just here in Suriname) It's amazing how focused they are on helping others and moving the work of salvation forward. I am just having a blast being with Elder Hood again. He's on his last transfer and he is such a good example for me! We had some cool experiences this week but the coolest was last night when we went to see our investigators Mieto and Marchney. They were on fire but fell back an little bit but we felt inspired to teach the restoration again. the spirit was strong and Mieto has struggled with smoking and drinking. He stopped but fell back into it again. We offered a priesthood blessing and he asked me to give it. Blessings for me are still so nerve racking to give but luckily it is not me giving the blessing. Before I had been asked to give him this blessing I had heard a whisper "I am with you" It was so comforting. I testify that God is aware of where every single one of us are and that the Holy Ghost can give us personalized messages to calm our troubled hearts. I didn't know I was going to give that blessing but God did and I am grateful I received that comforting feeling that enabled me to be a representative of Jesus Christ. Though my dutch is not perfect I opened my mouth and it was filled. When we closed the blessing, Mieto got up and with tears in his saying said "Hartelijk Bedankt" which translated means a heart full thank you. I was so grateful that I was able to be an instrument in the Lord's hands. I testify of the Priesthood. I know it was restored through the Prophet Joseph Smith and that the fullness of the Gospel is here on the earth. 
 Philippians 3:13-14 The scripture of the week.
13 Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which  are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, 14 I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
I love this scripture. It came in a dire time of need. I think it's very easy to get caught up in the things we lack or the weaknesses we have and mostly past mistakes we have all made. But I testify that God is more concerned about where you are now and what you are becoming than where you have been. He loves us and is obsessed with out eternal progression. It is "his work and his glory" (Moses 1:39) I testify that the Christs atonement doesn't not send us to our condition but below it, to push us up to our heavenly house that is in heaven. And I know if we strive to press forward in diligent prayer and scripture study, we will reach that prize of eternal life. I love you all and thank you for all your support!
Lobi, Elder Lewis














No comments:

Post a Comment