Monday, October 17, 2016

Week #67

Hello one and all,
I realize I have been lacking on the pictures and apologize and will try my best to get some uploaded next week. (maybe) Well this week I would venture to guess we biked about 170-200 miles. It has been wild and we've just been working as hard as we can to build up this area. We found a branch directory this week and out of the 100+ members in our branch only about 5 are active.. so we have identified who we want to start working with and are going from there. We found so many families this week and are excited to follow up on all of them. The Lord is blessing us in our efforts to find the elect. A cool experience I had this week was when we were out and about the other day. Our 5 o'clock appointment had canceled that morning due to sickness so we did not think too much of it because the Suriname definition of sick isn't really my definition of sick.. But we were biking around and I get the impression that she wants a blessing. So we bike on over there and sure enough she asked us for one right there. It was sweet and I know the spirit leads the Lords servants where they need to go. Our investigator Dukins is getting baptized on the 12th of November we are super pumped for that. He is changing his life around. 
Alma 27:18 (cross referenced with Proverbs 17:22)
18 Now was not this exceeding joy? Behold, this is joy which none receiveth save it be the truly penitent and humble seeker of happiness.
Proverbs 17:22
22 merry heart doeth good like a medicine:
I pondered a lot about what a "humble seeker of happiness" is and I came across this scripture in proverbs. I thought about us as people as we experence trials we tend to always turn outward. I thought of Ammon and his brentheren as they served their missions and it was not easy to say the least. but These saints sought to do good like a medicine to heal their wearied hearts. That is how we experence joy in our lives. 

This Gospel is true and I am just loving life right now proclaiming the restored Gospel :)
-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment