Monday, January 11, 2016

Week #28

Hello Hello Hello Everyone,
This week was a wild one. President Egbert came to Suriname for a little bit to do interviews and to teach us about how we can use the Book of Mormon more in our lives, and in the lives of our less active members, investigators, and members. It was such a cool experience to continue to teach the Book of Mormon to everyone in our area and to teach them how to mark their scriptures and "feast upon the words of Christ". It's so cool to see how excited they all get when they read and when the remember the seed that was planted in them and is just missing it's water. (Alma 32:28,38,41) The number one reason why people fall away from the church or why they are not converted is because they are not reading out of the Book of Mormon. The Book of Mormon will bring us closer to God than any other book.  I know that those who read it in combination with the Bible and other holy scripture that we have, you will feel of Gods love for you and get closer to Christ. It's been so fun to renew my testimony of the Book of Mormon as we have taught it. I know that is true. In my area we have been dropping a lot of the people we have been teaching because a lot of them just aren't progressing. So, we are basically starting fresh. There's been some long days of just contacting and finding people but we have found a lot of really cool people that I am excited to follow up on. 
It's crazy to me how much time flies here, I have almost been out 7 months. Flipping nuts!! Anyway, I don't have a lot of stories regarding investigators and stuff because we really don't have that many. One cool thing is we were able to go on splits with members this week and my best pal Suradj and I got to be companions for a night. It was so fun and he's so powerful. He's going to the temple in March and I am so excited for him. He's teaching me a little Sranan Tango so I am super pumped about that. It's so weird how the gift of tongues works. I am understanding Sranan Tango (the dialect here) and I have not studied it one bit. That for sure has been a miracle. But there is one thing I do want to share, well actually two things. I was reading in Alma 29 about how God grants the desires of his children regardless if they are good or bad.  if we ask  we get them. We can see that when Joseph Smith asked over and over about letting Martin Harris take the Book of Mormon manuscripts. But with those desires, we get to deal with the consequences. Our desires must reflect the merits of the Celestial Kingdom. Anyone who wants to inherit a seat in the kingdom of God must form their desires to match that exact glory. So, I asked myself, "Are all of my desires righteous?" I most certainly don't want to deal with the consequences of unrighteous desires. So I conducted a personal inventory with my self and changed a lot of things and I invite you all to do the same! Read the Book of Mormon everyday and "Ponderize"!! The prophets say all these things for a reason!! I love you all and hope all is going good!
-Elder Lewis

p.s Elder Lewis likes letters and he always writes back!

Gotta love the rain...
Contacting





No comments:

Post a Comment