Monday, December 5, 2016

Week #74

Hello One and All
Another week has past with it's ups and downs but it is still amazing to be here. I love this small, chill island. This week we were able to talk to a lot of people but the thing is, a lot of people just don't want to hear it. I'm constantly brought closer to the Savior  as I think of His life. I  am so grateful for the privilege of bearing his name. This week we taught two new investigators names ytje (ee-ch-a) and Jani. They are sisters and were so interested in the Book of Mormon. Today we have our lesson with the Prudon couple so we have been praying and fasting that they are the people we have been looking for. We're so pumped. 
This week has been filled with amazing lessons and teaching moments. Missions are just so great. I'm grateful for this gospel. I've really been learning why I am proud to call myself a member of the church, why I follow the commandments and why I do the things I do. In my studies this week I have constantly been brought back to the first great commandment. "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, with all thy soul and with all thy mind" All commandments hang on this and our motivation to live and follow the commandments need to be because we love God! That's the over arching point in everything the gospel is about. I have learned that it's impossible to be disobedient and love God at the same time. I'm thankful for the purifying power that obedience has and how we are strengthen and purified by the atonement as we try out best to live the Gospel. Of course we will fall short but luckily it is not about the length of stride but the continual baby steps forward on our individual paths of discipleship! Love you all!
-Elder Lewis

No comments:

Post a Comment